Press release — For immediate distribution
Montreal, Monday, March 18, 2019 – Occupation Double will be returning for a third season this fall on V. The destination was unveiled this evening by host Jay Du Templeduring the broadcast of the new stand-up comedy show he was headlining: L’Open Mic de …. The future participants of Occupation Double will be headed to an incredibly beautiful country marked by its history: South Africa. They will have the opportunity to discover one of Africa’s most beautiful and popular destinations for tourists from all over the world.
“We’re really excited about presenting the Occupation Double experience for the very first time on the African continent. South Africa is a country that is culturally and historically very rich and we can’t wait to offer our viewers and the participants the opportunity to discover this unbelievable place,” says Brigitte Vincent, Executive Vice President of Content at Groupe V Média.
It’s a dream destination for Occupation Double content producer Valérie Dalpé. “Your options are insanely diverse: you can go surfing in the morning, dine in a vineyard in the evening, go on a safari the following day and visit Nelson Mandela’s prison in Robben Island. If viewers thought that the images of Greece were breathtaking, they’re in for quite a treat again this year, it’s a truly dazzling place.”
A little more about South Africa
- South Africa is a country located on the southern tip of the African continent.
- The country is recognized for its 11 official languages, its great cultural richness and its music.
- The country was freed from apartheid when Nelson Mandela became president in 1994, after 27 years of imprisonment, notably at Robben Island, off Cape town. This prominent figure in South Africa’s history was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 1993.
- With its 2,898 km of coastline, South Africa is one of the seventeen megadiverse countries that are home to the majority of the planet’s animal and plant species.
- Landlocked country in South Africa: Lesotho.
Be sure to tune in for the auditions!
Singles who want to experience the adventure of a lifetime are invited to attend the auditions that will be held in May and June. More details will follow soon. Keep an eye on the Occupation Double social networks.
Occupation Double South Africa
This fall on V!
And live on Noovo.ca
514-287-2855, ext. 240
Communications and public relations advisor
514-390-6100, ext. 7014
About Groupe V Média
Groupe V Média, a Quebec company operating in the field of entertainment and content distribution, is the largest independent media group in Canada. Groupe V Média owns conventional television network V, specialty channels MusiquePlus and MAX and the video on demand and content platform Noovo.ca as well as the 25Stanley sports news site. Its innovative content delivery strategies featuring strong, eye-catching and unifying themes enable its properties to reach a large audience on a multitude of platforms, at any time, adapting to today’s new consumer and business realities.